Here are some tips on how to make a successful presentation. I’m taking these tips to prepare for muet speaking test..
Most people who make a speech do feel a little nervous especially if it is their first time. You can overcome this with a lot of practice. Also concentrate on what you are going to speak about. Practise with friends or talk to the mirror.
2.Control your facial expressions and gestures
Begin your speech with a smile. It gives an impression of friendliness. Even if you dislike the topic you are about to talk on or discuss,look enthusiastic and interested. Gestures can help in conveying your message. Use them in moderation to add vitality to your speech.
3. Make eye contact
Making eye contact with your audience is important. Try to have eye contact with your fellow candidates at least 50% of the time. This establishes good rapport with them and is vital to the success of the speech. A good speaker talks directly to the audience rather than merely reading out of the speech or speaking from memory.
4. Show vitality and spontaneity
Vitality is a combination of liveliness and enthusiasm. Presenting a speech in an enthusiastic manner will inevitably result in a more lively appearance, more spontaneous gestures and better voice control.
5.Exercise voice control
A calm voice implies confidence. So try to speak calmly and slowly. Learn to exercise good voice control. This includes:
- Checking the rate or speed at which you speak
- Being fluent, i.e. speaking smoothly with minimum hesitations or pauses
- Being loud enough to be heard. Adapt your voice according to the size of the room or the distance between the other speakers
- Using correct intonation and articulating clearly so that the message gets across and the interest of the audience is sustained
People tends to speakfast when they are nervous.
So tell yourself, ‘Slow down! Slow down!’